Holistic Pet Care Therapies
Holistic pet care therapies can work well for pet parents seeking more natural and effective means for the overall health and wellness of their pet. By blending conventional medicine and holistic medicine, if offers pets customized care. This way healing can be focused on the individual pet rather than a standardized approach to treating an ailment.
Holistic pet care therapies may include:
- Veterinary acupuncture
- Herbal remedies
- Nutritional counseling and targeted supplements
The benefits of these holistic pet care for dogs and cats can include:
- Reducing or eliminating side effects from regular medications.
- Improving mobility and pain management for older pets
- Addressing chronic diseases and health issues through improved healing, and strengthening of the immune system
- Reducing healthcare costs over the life of your pet
Acupuncture is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine that can be applied to pets by promoting the body to heal itself naturally. Acupuncture needles are inserted into the skin where nerve bundles and blood vessels are located, called energy points that improve blood circulation, oxygen, nerve stimulation, and releasing hormones to help with inflammation and pain.
As part of an integrative approach to pet care, holistic pet care can complement conventional medicine. Herbal therapy combined with veterinary medicine has a long history of effective and safe treatment for many conditions and illnesses including: allergies, digestive issues, heart disease, and pain management.